PATIENT UPDATE (11/02/2021)
We hope our patients will find the following updates helpful:
- Covid Vaccinations:
- To date we have vaccinated over 500 patients aged 80 years and over.
- Housebound patients over the age of 80 have also been vaccinated by the practice clinical staff
- Those patients who were unable to receive a vaccination at the time, will be contacted at a later date to be offered an appointment to attend for vaccination (or a home visit will be arranged for housebound patients).
- The practice will begin contacting all patients aged 80 during the month of March to arrange their 2nd vaccination. Please don't contact the practice regarding your 2nd vaccination, we will contact you.
- If any patient aged 80 years and over feels we may have missed contacting them, please contact the practice on 01382 543251 and advise our receptionist that you still require a vaccination.
- The practice has also vaccinated all housebound patients who are currently on our district nursing colleague's case list.
- Patients who are shielding and feel unable to attend an appointment offered to them at their local vaccination hub should still contact the helpline number on their invitation letter and explain your reasons for being unable to attend a local vaccination hub. If you fit the criteria for being vaccinated at the practice (or a home visit is required), the helpline will contact the practice to advise us of your details.
- Practice Telephone Lines:
- We would like to thank our patients for their patience whilst our telephone lines were out of order. We have been advised by British Telecom that the fault has now been rectified and our telephone lines appear to be working normally again.
Welcome to Tayview Medical Practice
Welcome to Tayview Medical Practice. The doctors and staff of Tayview aim to provide you with a very high standard of patient care. In order to achieve this aim, we provide a number of clinics for the management of chronic diseases and offer a variety of appointment options which include pre-bookable appointments, online appointments, on the day appointments and emergency appointments. We also offer a wide variety of other medical services, details of which can be found under the "Our Services" tab at the top of this page.
We provide general medical services from two medical practices at both Newport-On-Tay and Tayport. The addresses for both surgeries can be found under the "Contact Details" tab at the top of this page. Our present Tayport surgery opened in 1996, having previously operated from converted cottages, with our Newport surgery opening in 2006.
You will also find useful information contained under the "Further Information" section to the right of this page.
We are a long, established, training practice for medical students and have close links with both the Universities of Dundee and St. Andrews.
We are happy to receive feedback from our patients in order to help improve our service to you. Feedback can be provided by using our comments/suggestions forms which can be found at both practice reception areas.
We also offer the facility of being able to arrange online appointments and request your repeat medication online too. You must register to use these services and a receptionist will be able to assist you further with this. We also offer all patients a text reminder service to remind them of any appointment booked.
Newport Surgery has parking spaces for the disabled and automatic doors. Tayport Surgery has a parking space for the disabled and automatic doors. On both sites, all patient services are provided at ground floor level and are accessible for disabled person. However, if you require assistance please ask any member of staff who will be happy to help.
National Health Hearing Aid Batteries
The practice is able to provide hearing aid batteries and these are available from our reception desks at Newport and Tayport. Please ask at reception for further assistance. P13 and P675 batteries are only available. Please contact Ninewells Hospital Department for any other type required. Please note, at present due to Covid-19, we are unable to supply batteries to our patients. Patients should contact the hearing aid department at Kings Cross Hospital, Dundee for further assistance.
The practice has a list of Interpreters with the Fife Community Interpreting Service. Patients requiring the services of an interpreter should contact the practice directly.
Keep up-to-date with news about the practice by downloading a copy of our quarterly newsletter. Copies can be found by clicking on the "Practice Newsletter" tab which can be found under the "Further Information" heading at the right side of this page.
(Site updated 17/02/2021)