Please all remember to wear a face covering or mask when coming into the surgery
APPOINTMENT UPDATE FROM 17TH MARCH
We would like you to please note a few changes as of the 17TH MARCH 2022. We are grateful to our patient population for noting the below changes.
- Please note we no longer ask patient's to phone at 10am for a routine appointment. Every day there will be pre-bookable appointments to book, please phone the surgery and they will advise you of what is available. Urgent appointments will be given out at 8am as usual.
- GP appointments can be booked as telephone consultation or Face to Face appointments.
- Nurses appointments will be pre-bookable again and can be booked at anytime of the day. Phlebotomist/HCA can be booked in advance also.
- Patients are invited to attend the practice but should still arrive at their appointment time. Please do not arrive too early or late.
- Face coverings must be worn (unless exempt) and alcohol gel is available for use upon entering and leaving the building.
- Minor surgery and Steroid injections will recommence and you will be contacted if you are awaiting any of these services.
We will continue to review the above changes at regular intervals and keep our patients updated via our practice website (www.tayview.org.uk) and our Facebook group page.
Welcome to Tayview Medical Practice
Welcome to Tayview Medical Practice. The doctors and staff of Tayview aim to provide you with a very high standard of patient care. In order to achieve this aim, we provide a number of clinics for the management of chronic diseases and offer a variety of appointment options which include pre-bookable appointments, online appointments, on the day appointments and emergency appointments. We also offer a wide variety of other medical services, details of which can be found under the "Our Services" tab at the top of this page.
We provide general medical services from two medical practices at both Newport-On-Tay and Tayport. The addresses for both surgeries can be found under the "Contact Details" tab at the top of this page. Our present Tayport surgery opened in 1996, having previously operated from converted cottages, with our Newport surgery opening in 2006.
You will also find useful information contained under the "Further Information" section to the right of this page.
We are a long, established, training practice for medical students and have close links with both the Universities of Dundee and St. Andrews.
We are happy to receive feedback from our patients in order to help improve our service to you. Feedback can be provided by using our comments/suggestions forms which can be found at both practice reception areas.
Newport Surgery has parking spaces for the disabled and automatic doors. Tayport Surgery has a parking space for the disabled and automatic doors. On both sites, all patient services are provided at ground floor level and are accessible for disabled person. However, if you require assistance please ask any member of staff who will be happy to help.
National Health Hearing Aid Batteries
The practice is able to provide hearing aid batteries and these are available from our reception desks at Newport and Tayport. Please ask at reception for further assistance. P13 and P675 batteries are only available. Please contact Ninewells Hospital Department for any other type required. Please note, at present due to Covid-19, we are unable to supply batteries to our patients. Patients should contact the hearing aid department at Kings Cross Hospital, Dundee for further assistance.
The practice has a list of Interpreters with the Fife Community Interpreting Service. Patients requiring the services of an interpreter should contact the practice directly.
Keep up-to-date with news about the practice by downloading a copy of our quarterly newsletter. Copies can be found by clicking on the "Practice Newsletter" tab which can be found under the "Further Information" heading at the right side of this page.
(Site updated 30/06/2022)